Ceramic Tiles’ Benefits and Drawbacks
Ceramic tiles are well-liked by homeowners and tile installers. It is due to its traditional look and a wide range of possible designs. While ceramic floor tiles are growing increasingly popular in India, keep in mind that each type of tile has its own set of benefits and drawbacks. In this post, we’ll talk about the benefits & drawbacks of installing Ceramic tiles.
Ceramic tiles are frequently used for floors, walls, countertops, backsplashes, and baths. Ceramic tile may be the only flooring option that is suitable for every room in the house. Ceramic tiles offer a hard, solid surface that will not attract or hold dirt, dust, pollen, or other allergies.
AGL Tiles has ceramic tiles in countless designs & colours. You will definitely find something you like over there.
Now, without further ado, let’s have a look at the pros & cons of installing ceramic tiles.
Pros of Installing Ceramic Tiles:
- Ceramic tiles are extremely durable, long-lasting, and abrasion-resistant. If you have a competent installation, the tiles can endure for up to 20 years, or even longer if properly maintained.
- One of the most appealing aspects of tile flooring is its ease of maintenance. If any stains, dirt, or liquids get on it, they will all rest on top instead of being absorbed, making it simple to clean.
- Another advantage of selecting ceramic tile flooring is that it is resistant to water. The ceramic tile has a protective coating on top that makes it stain- and water-resistant; this is especially important in bathrooms and kitchens, where the ceramic tile will last far longer than other materials.
- Ceramic tiles come in a variety of colours, textures, and designs, and patterns may be created utilising variable tile sizes. They may also be printed to resemble a variety of hardwoods and natural stones.
- Not only is the ceramic tile floor easy to clean, but it also does not harbour germs. This feature of ceramic tiles is beneficial for operating a public-service company, such as a restaurant.
Cons of Installing Ceramic Tiles:
- Because ceramic tile flooring does not efficiently absorb or retain heat, it can feel rather cold in the winter. One advantage is that it will feel great in the summer when people walk on the cold floor while it is hot outdoors.
- Ceramic tile flooring is not suitable for upper-story installations due to its weight. If it is necessary to lay tile flooring on a business building’s top level, a professional should first assess the structural stability.
- The rough surface makes standing on the floor for long periods of time uncomfortable. Unfortunately, cushioned underlay cannot be utilised to soften hard ceramic tiles.
- Ceramic tiles are heavier and more durable than standard tiles. As a result, ensure that these tiles are handled with caution and that the necessary equipment is utilised. As a result, ceramic tile installation requires the use of skilled tile installers.
When we consider the benefits and drawbacks of ceramic tiles, we may conclude that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. To make ceramic tiles more pleasant for your feet, simply place some rugs around the house. And don’t be concerned about where you may put ceramic tiles; you can use them in almost every space.