How to Select Tiles for Living Room??
The living room is the heart of the house, and so it should be perfect. So, in this article, well look at some of the things you should keep in mind while selecting the tiles for your living room.
The living room is the place where you socialize when you have visitors or the place you relax with your loved ones in the evenings & watch a movie, and so the place should have an inviting atmosphere.
After all, it is the room your loved ones and guests spend the most time in. So, it’s only natural then that there are many things you should consider when deciding on the floor tiles for your living room. But, how to select the perfect tiles for your living room??
Choosing the right colors for your living room is critical to making it a welcoming environment for all. It’s a well-known fact that the colors in a setting can influence a person’s subconscious. As a result, space’s colors should be based on gentle and moderate hues, avoiding the intense. Brown, beige, grey, and amber hues are some of the most common living room colors.
Consistency on how to choose tiles for your living room between the flooring and the design of the furnishings is also important to achieve a seamless space.
You can pick everything from ceramic tiles to natural stones for the living room. These days, terracotta, Italian marble, and porcelain tiles seem to be the most common options. Designer and textured marble are ideally suited for big and open living rooms, while terracotta tiles can be used to decorate a small living room. You will give your space more personality and comfort this way.
Here are few things that you should keep in mind while selecting the living room tiles:
- Durability is an important consideration to remember when selecting tile design for living Room. Your living room floor is subjected to a lot of human traffic, as well as fallen and spilled items that can inflict harm.
- If you want to have fun, don’t buy expensive flooring. Add glazed or slippery tiles to your rooms if your floors are constantly exposed to heavy traffic, particularly if you have children or pets in the building. Slips and small injuries are more likely when you walk on a tile surface. As a result, when selecting a tile for your living room, keep your family’s everyday desires in mind.
- The bigger the tiles, the more spacious your room would be. Look for tiles that are at least 16 by 16 inches. In your living room, there will be fewer grout lines, simplifying the yard. This also means you’ll have fewer grout lines to scrub. Smaller tiles seem more contemporary than larger tiles. Small tiles, on the other hand, are more slip-resistant than big tiles.
- If you don’t want your floor to draw so much attention, go for a grout color that suits your tile. The tiles would seem to flow together if they are of similar colors, making the living room ideal. Light tiles would be better bonded with an off-white or grey grout, which will attract less exposure to the surface. For a seamless look, choose a grout color that complements the tile’s color.
Here are some other tips that you can consider:
- If you like the aesthetics of hardwood but want the hassle, go for ceramic wood look tile.
- If you have children and pets, porcelain tiles can be a good option as it can handle a bit more action (and is less likely to get stained).
- Mosaic tile may look unusual for a living room, but it can add a lot of color, texture, and artistry to your space.
Hoping this article helped you in selecting the best living room tiles for your home. And if you are looking for living room tiles, you should the new collection by AGL Tiles. It has some amazing tiles and they have recently launched anti-bacterial floor tiles.